It is finally time to break out the recipes for my favorite summer salads. While I love to make the oldie but the goodies I also love to try something new. This time I tried my hand at Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad. Simple ingredients and it all cools together to make a perfect summer time treat. I tried this one out for the first time and I loved it, I served it at our Mother's day brunch and was a great side!
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
8 oz. large elbow macaroni
12 hard cooked eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp Dijon style mustard ( I think any mustard would go well)
1/2 Tsp paprika
1/2 cup chopped sweet pickle (If you don't like sweet use relish)
1 1/2 cups very thinly sliced celery
1. In a small saucepan combine onion, vinegar, and sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat: set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain: rinse with cold water. Set aside.
3. Coarsely chop 2 eggs: set aside. Halve remaining eggs: separate yolks from whites. Coarsely chop egg whites: set aside.
4. For dressing, place yolks in a bowl: mash. Add Mayonnaise, mustard, and onion mixture. Stir in 2 Tbsp water, paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp, cracked black pepper. Set aside.
5. In large bowl combine egg whites, pickles, celery, macaroni and dressing. Top with reserved eggs.
I chilled this overnight and love that you can make it ahead of time. I would make sure you can chill this at least 3 hours ahead of time.