Lauren is here on the blog today to discuss Stainless Steel Balustrading. Check out these great tips!
Balustrades are railings that are put around balconies or stairs to prevent accidents. There are different types of the balustrades made from different materials. Some balustrades are more suitable for indoors whereas other materials are more ideal for outdoor railings. Some materials are suitable for specific designs as per the style and the décor of the place.
Balustrades are made of several materials such as wood, glass, stainless steel and stone. However, the balustrades made of stainless steel are more commonly used as they are more versatile and durable when compared to balustrades made from other materials. Stainless steel balustrading can be either round or square in shape. They can be even made into decorative forms. Some stainless steel balustrades can support filigree shapes or can have designs that are cut into them. Sometimes these balustrades have timber handrails which cover the stainless steel balustrade base.
To choose the right material for your balustrade, you should understand significant factors concerning the material.
Some important factors to be considered are:
- Longevity – Some materials are prone to corrosion and rust which do not last that long. The surrounding environment and climatic conditions must be considered while choosing the material.
- Maintenance – You need to see how much care and concern is needed to maintain the balustrade. Some materials do not require much maintenance while others are heavy on maintenance.
- Aesthetics as well as various finishes – Some materials lend themselves more easily to decorative themes, designs and finishes.
- Price – This is an important factor to consider as prices vary with the type of balustrades.
- Eco-rating – With an increasing number of people getting more environmentally conscious, eco-friendly balustrades are more popular when compared to standard balustrades.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Balustrades
Stainless steel balustrades have numerous advantages. They gleam and add glamour to the plainest of all stairways. Additionally, they have more aesthetic appeal as well as other advantages.
- Stainless steel balustrades blend well with all types of home décor. They work well with stone, glass and wood as well.
- These balustrades are quite durable when compared to wooden balustrades, and do not fade away or get scratches. With just minimal repairs, these balustrades last for decades.
- Stainless steel does not rust and therefore can be used both indoors as well as outdoors with equal ease.
- When they have been installed, all that is required is occasional cleaning. Other than that, no extra maintenance is required at all.
- There can be different kinds of finishes that can be opted for. There are mirror finishes, satin finishes and more.
- These finishes look great especially when contrasted with dark wood hand rails.
- These balustrades can be installed as well as fitted on site and do not need to be made in the factory. This way they are fitted with more precision, and there are fewer chances of error.
- Usually the fabricator polishes the balustrades after installing them which helps to save your time and trouble as well.
- Stainless steel is also a very affordable material and so it works extremely well as a cost-effective alternative.
- Stainless steel balustrades are available in various designs based on the interior or exterior décor.
- These balustrades can be made as per your specifications and they can be customized as per the look you seek. There are slender and sleek looks which makes them ornamental. There are attractive designs which make them perfect for designing various shapes.
- Stainless steel balustrades are eco friendly as well and give a very clean look to the place.
Above mentioned are the several benefits of stainless steel balustrades.